Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

How to Make Almond Cheese

Who can afford this delight at the Health Food Stores anymore, and sometimes is not there.


Ingredient's: WATER, ALMONDS, SOAKED IN HOT WATER TO REMOVE THE SKINS, YOGURT, BLEND TO A PASTE IN BLENDER. PLACE IN MOLD SET 8 HRS. This I saw on the OZ show, not the same recipe. It was so easy. I had been buying it from the health food store. The Lady on the OZ show put herbs into it and it also seemed firmer? Turmeric would cause it to be yellow. I bet their are plenty of ideas on Google too. Image result for vegan almond cheese
Roll in nuts? You can use other vegan milks.


(No heat nor cooking is a plus)

comment: https://www.pinterest.com/toughertimes /
 
I have just soaked almonds for 24 hours and the skins popped off very easily. I prefer this to soaking in boiling water as it destroys some of the enzymes. Great to have a good raw vegan cheese alternative. :)))

No comments: