Search This Blog

Friday, February 10, 2012

CLOVES MAGIC...simple economical remedy

I've been into using cloves lately. It's one of my favorite simple, economical, kitchen cupboard cure-all's, I have clove oil and use it in and on everything...for flu.
One clove extract remedy: I uses a lot on my teeth and gums is a little bottle of BREATH TONIC which main ingredient is cloves.  I don't especially use it for breath...but it’s like showing the Cross to Dracula for warting away and flu symptoms and those who have it and come up close. (Made up by HERB PHARM) I’m addicted to it as some are to lip gloss.
I spray my teeth morning and night to keep my gums from bacteria diseases. I have two; one by my night stand and the other by my computer. You never know who will walk in hacking!
     The other day got started with my asthma attack. I cough my fool head off until I couldn't breath. I told my blessed daughter who’s into selling YOUNG LIVING, (and who need to pay for what her family needs. I hate ANY pyramid schemes and over priced products. These kinds of profiteers never care about the poor-needy just wealthy clients to sap into their pockets using my child in doing so.) Enough…Any ways, she came to my rescue. Heaven knows I couldn't afford those 'Theives Hard Lozenges."
This particular Ut. based company have several products my children or I've purchased One is Inner Defense has clove oil and is potent. Another is THIEVES. The first ingredient is cloves. It’s why this products they put practically in everything they manufacture. My daughter sent me some THIEVES cough drops…Wow! They are the best cough drops I’ve ever run across. The sugar is Stevia which I like because I’m a diabetic. Someone else loved my THIEVES oil too, and stole it in this assistant living hell hole I've been put in. Enough about me…
I use Cloves in my rubbing alcohol too. I do get carried away ;0 OH LORDY' THAT'S WHAT BLOGS ARE ALL ABOUT!

I have a hard time finding clove oil. It's a must to have on hand for a toothache. My pharmacy had a small bottle that was very expensive. I've also bought it at a candy store as a flavor additive. Listerine wash will work too if swished it in your mouth. I believe it has cloves in as well as many other natural ingredients.

Some random comments about cloves:
*Cj from Longview,, Texas replies:  "After returning from foreign travel, our family needed relief from traveler's diarrhea. We ground whole cloves in a coffee grinder and put them in capsules. We took a capsule with every meal for a few days. This fixed us right up. I have read that fresh ground cloves kill parasite eggs. Well, there is no denying that we are better and hopefully over the ailment."
*Geena from Christchurch, New Zealand writes: "I was in agony with an infected tooth and even codeine and anti-inflammatory didn't seem to much ease the pain. Then I tried 100% clove oil. WOW is all I can say! The pain went in just seconds. It was truly amazing. Thank you so much and for this great site."
*Comments: Avidcooker from Raleigh, NC writes: "Yes, I am a true believer of holistic medicine and cloves definitely work great for sore throats. When I feel the sore throat coming on, I suck on 2 cloves; biting on them just a little so that the oil form within gets released. I keep it in my mouth for q hour or so, 3 times a day. And the sore throat is gone within 12 hours. I've never had to go to a doctor for this condition even as a child... the cure is there right at home."
**Comments:
02/01/2006: Penny from Fresno, CA writes: "Whole cloves cure and numb sore throats. I carry cloves everywhere I go. At first sign of a sore throat, I place one or two between my cheek and teeth after crunching them just a little bit. This numbs the throat and kills the germs that cause the problem. If I awaken at night, even one clove can save me from a sore throat coming on, if I place it in my mouth in this manner. I had to tell my family, 'No, it does not stain my teeth. No, I never choke on it, and yes, I do sleep on my back, etc.'"
.....................................................................
"India’s traditional Ayurveda healers have used cloves since ancient times to treat respiratory and digestive ailments. Cloves are said to have a positive effect on stomach ulcers, vomiting, flatulence, and to stimulate the digestive system. It has powerful local antiseptic and mild anesthetic actions."

CLOVE AND SPICE COOKIES   CLICK

Botanically, the spice belongs to the family of myrtaceaeof the genus; Sygyzium, and scientifically named as Sygizium aromaticum.
• The active principles in the clove are known to have antioxidant, anti-septic, local anesthetic, anti-inflammatory, rubefacient (warming and soothing), carminative and anti-flatulent properties.
• The spice contains many health benefiting essential oils such as eugenol, a phenyl-propanoids class of chemical compound, which gives pleasant, sweet aromatic fragrances to the clove-bud. Eugenol has local anesthetic and antiseptic properties, hence; useful in dental treatment procedures.
• The other important constituents in this spice include:-
essential oils: acetyl eugenol, beta-caryophyllene and vanillin, crategolic acid;
tannins: gallotannic acid, methyl salicylate (pain-killer);
the flavonoids: eugenin, kaempferol, rhamnetin, and eugenitin;
triterpenoids: like oleanolic acid, stigmasterol and campesterol;
and severalsesquiterpenes.
• The active principles in the clove may increase the motility of the gastro-intestinal tract as well as improve the digestion power by increasing gastro-intestinal enzyme secretions. Thus, helps relieve indigestion and constipation problems.
• The spice also contains good amount of minerals like potassium, manganese, iron, selenium and magnesium. Potassium in an important electrolyte of cell and body fluids that helps control heart rate and blood pressure. Manganese is used by the body as a co-factor for the antioxidant enzyme superoxide dismutase.
• It contains very good amounts of vitamin A and beta carotene levels. These compounds are known to have antioxidant properties. Vitamin A is also required by the body for maintaining healthy mucus membranes and skin and is also essential for vision. Consumption of natural foods rich in flavonoids helps to protect body from lung and oral cavity cancers.
• This spice is a good source of vitamin-K, vitamin-B6 (pyridoxine), thiamin (vitamin B-1), vitamin-C and riboflavin. Consumption of foods rich in vitamin C helps body develop resistance against infectious agents and scavenge harmful oxygen free radicals.
Medicinal uses
• The essential oil, eugenol in this spice has been in therapeutic use in dentistry as a local anesthetic and antiseptic for teeth and gum.
• Eugenol also has been found to reduce blood sugar levels in diabetics, but further detailed studies required to establish its benefits.
• The decoction is sometimes used in treating flatulence and indigestion in traditional medicine preparations.
• It is also believed to have natural anti-parasite (kills intestinal worms) function.
• The essential volatile oils functions as rubefacient, meaning that it irritates the skin and expands the blood vessels, increasing the flow of blood to make the skin feel warmer, making it a popular home remedy for arthritis and sore muscles, used either as a poultice or in hot baths.
• Clove oil is also used in aromatherapy.
Facts about Cloves:
'WHEN A STUDENT IS READY A TEACHER WILL APPEAR'.... Thanks for all your comments! Please, feel free to add your own feelings in comments. 2002-14 IBSN-0100368574 ©-copyright 2006 by P T Sherman... ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments: