EGGPLANT RECIPE: Makes: 4 servings Prep: 30 mins
- 1 large eggplant (about 1 3/4 pounds), cut lengthwise into 8 slices
- Salt and pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup store-bought pesto
- 2 1/2 cups bread crumbs and/or flour
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese (or another)
- 1/3 cup grated pecorino-romano cheese (i.e.)
- 1 cup store-bought marinara sauce (or, sub.)
- Season the eggplant with salt and pepper. In a wide, shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and 4 tablespoons pesto. Pour the bread crumbs & flour onto a large plate. Dip each eggplant slice into the egg mixture, then, coat with the bread crumbs.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees ;. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook the eggplant until golden, 2 minutes on each side, using the remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil. Transfer the eggplant to a paper-towel-lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta and 3 tablespoons pecorino-romano; season with salt and pepper. Spread 1 tablespoon of the remaining pesto on each eggplant slice and top with about 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture. Roll up each slice. Bake until the eggplant is tender when pierced with a toothpick, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the marinara sauce to a simmer. Serve the roll-ups with the sauce and remaining pecorino. (or, sub Chief Boy Ar'De pizza sauce)
- Use zucchini instead of eggplant.
- http://pinterest.com/MarySedivy/eggplant-recipes/ Mary Sedivy has really done her home work when it comes to raising eggplant, how to prepare, and recipes.
- http://herbalwithfoodrecipes.blogspot.com/2013/03/not-fad-vitamin-d-is-needed-to-get-well.html cancer
- http://www.donalskehan.com/2011/12/pan-fried-parmesan-brussel-sprouts/ (brussels 4 cancer)