Millennium Healthier Foods is going to a more transitional diet of eating less meat. It very hard to stop "cold turkey." This blog will help us start and succeed. (Mostly Vegetarian- next year maybe vegan ) This consist of back to "basic's" with survival healthy "basic" economical recipes. It’s concepts reflect "mild plant based food diet " ideas. I've lost 110 lbs so far using these concepts, and now way down on insulin. These posts are mostly about using only “organic, complex fibrous carbs, with no chemicals, or GMO-GE foods. I am an Herbalist (Canada '76), BA in Art Education, Sculpture, Educational Psychology, Teacher, and an Artist...also studied "European Studies" for an MA, Traveled a semester (Studies Abroad) in the UK and have five children, thirteen grandchildren !
(All publishing Right are Reserved!!!) (C) 2005-10 P. T. Sherman Some of the pages are longer it discourages folks from copying a book for themselves ... this make it costly! I've added post unrelated here for the same purposes. The government is dishonest and the government is part of the peoples attitudes, and it trickles on down. Dishonesty is meant for others not them. Now that explanations is over with....
Egg Substitutes For Recipes
With the scares of poultry and its by-products its nice to have some egg replacer on hand in your pantry for those times we have no eggs on bake with. This is one of my handy pages to have in your recipes files for emergencies ("survival"). That's what these page of recipes are all about.
A popular egg substitute is Ener-G Ener-G Egg Replacer, which is basically made from potato starch, tapioca flour, leavening agents (calcium lactate, calcium carbonate, and citric acid) and a gum derived from cottonseed. It’s primarily intentions is to replace the leavening/binding characteristics of eggs in baking, but it can be used for no baked foods and quiches. Plus it's very expensive so lets make our own with no preservative. Some alternative replacements (quantity per egg substituted for) are listed here: During the war many housewives discover that Mayo, which is mostly made of eggs was a good replacement for eggs. It leaves whatever its added to very moist. The chocolate mayo cake I make is actually better the next day.
Bare in mind, just add to this these method or in recipes oil for the fat in the egg that will be missing.
1. Ingredients: 2 oz of soft tofu can be blended with some water
2. Or try the same quantity... mashed beans, mashed potatoes, and oatmeal or nut butters.
3. ½ mashed banana
4. ¼ cup applesauce or another pureed fruit (fruits must be used up sooner. Not a long storage life. The "dumped cake" recipes are made up of old jars of fruit.
5. One tablespoon flaxseeds (found in natural food stores) with 3-tablespoon water can be blended for 2 to 3 minutes, or boiled for 10 minutes or until desired consistency is achieved for substitution for one egg. Flaxseed flour is an oil replacement so the combination is great and add to other egg replacements. Ratio 1-3 ground flax seed for 3 eggs in baking . Or ¼ cup Flax seed finely ground to ¾ cup water blend and use within 24 hours (1 egg is to 2 ½ T. Flax seed and 1 ¼ cup water. (Buy by bulk in HFS)
6. Soy Lecithin (cookies) in granules
7. 1-teaspoon soy flour plus 1-tablespoon water to substitute for one egg. (or organic corn starch) 8. Substitute for Eggs in Baking: Soy Flour can replace eggs in baked goods and casseroles. One heaping tablespoon of soy flour to one-tablespoon water to replace each egg. (Arrowhead Mills Brand?)
9. Potato starch, soy flour, wheat gluten with algin
10. (Algae) mix is an egg substitute. If you sensitive to fish product and wheat leave out the Algae and wheat gluten. (For those allergic to fish/ iodine type products, sea algae etc. Algae is seaweed they don’t warn us about these fats on most labels.)
11. Mashed potatoes (also, potato water enhances baking)
12. Psyllium seed 1 teaspoon to ¼ cup of water, let set 5 minutes
13. Tapioca Starch in oriental grocery stores works
14. A very simple, professional egg substitute recipe: 1 tsp. baking powders, ½ tsp baking soda, 1 tbls flour, 2 tbls water.
(Then Whisk and; beat dry ingredients then add in wet for no clumps in small bowl, add last minute to any baking) This has excellent binding properties. (Mostly, for cookies)
16. Another collected recipe for an egg substitute is 2 tbls water, 1 tbls tapioca flour, 1 tbls coconut oil and ¼ teaspoon baking powders, Mix flour and baking powders than add oil and water and beat until it forms a peak. This is best for sweet pastries like cakes and cookies.
17. 1 teaspoon of protein powder = 1 egg (add in an oil)
18. Egg Substitute: (for baking) before starting recipe for cookies, cakes, etc, combine 1 tsp. unflavored gelatin with 3 tbsp. cold water and 2 tbsp. -Plus 1 tsp boiling water. This mixture will substitute for 1 egg in a recipe for an egg less, and will work, but it will leave cookies moist for a while.
P.T. Sherman © 2005-10
MAKING OLD FASHION FARM BUTTER
Take milk fresh from cow, set over gentle fire until scalded but not boiled. Set out in cold away from cats and dogs. When chilled, skim off cream, put in earthen basin, beat with wooden spoon until butter hardens, along with you arm. Remove butter, work it with a little cold water to free it from remaining milk; drain water, work with tablespoonful fine salt to a pound, putting a small teaspoonful of sugar into the salt. Roll butter in a piece of muslin and chill.
This was in my children’s grandmothers recipe box! Wow! Enjoy you fresh butter tonight and count your blessings. Organic butter is good for you! (It's a Omega 9) Remember all the chemicals, drugs and pesticides are stored in the “fat” of the animal and then to your fat or weaken area of the body.
http://www.msnbc.com/news/378955.asp?cp1= 1 &;---What's organic and the new rules 2005- ................ No Yeast Pioneer Donuts Here’s a very good old pioneer doughnut recipe with no yeast. Many are into no yeast recipes today for better health results. Remember you can always have your own buttermilk on hand at all times by using a start from a commercial one, add it to a quart jar and top it with milk. Keep this going like you would sour dough starters. The recipe is the same as the yogurt started in this blog. If you use whole-wheat flour use the lighter style if possible (bakers whole wheat or soft spring wheat for baking) To use whole wheat use either less flour except if you’re using honey. It’s liquid enough to handle the change in absorption of the fibrous whole-wheat in any recipes.
Apple Pie Spice is so expensive if you can even find it now. I had to make my own to use in recipes such as this one. (It is just one part cinnamon, ½ part nutmeg and ¼ part allspice) Combine and store in dark tight container. Do not store on top or near heat. Use this in anything like, apple pie, cakes, cookies and fruit dishes, that calls for cinnamon, it gives it a better tastes.
No Yeast Pioneer Donuts
1. 1 cup buttermilk
2. 1 egg
3. 2 ½ cup flour
4. ½ cup sugar (use ½ cup honey if using whole wheat flour)
5. 1 tsp. baking soda
6. ½ tsp baking powder
7. 1 tsp sea salt
8. 1 tsp. nutmeg
9. 1/8 cup warm margarine or oil Combine all the dry ingredients then combine the wet ingredients with the sugar or honey and butter and mix well. Roll out to ¼” thick and cut with a doughnut cutter, or a large circle and a smaller lid for the whole. Fry in hot oil until brown, drain on absorbent paper. Sprinkle with powdered or plain sugar or frost. Or use ½ teaspoon in 1 tbls of sugar to sprinkle on donuts. This is great on buttered toast too.
Tincture of Garlic or Onion Tincture of Garlic or Onion (good basic syrup recipe for coughs, asthma etc.) colds and flues. It is natural sulfa like the sulfa drugs and works in the same way. I wouldn’t believe this worked except I was coughing my head off one day and happen to be in the health food store and asked the clerk for a cough remedy. She referred me to the one in the fridge that was this one. When I got home I looked it up in my book because the herbalist in the area was one of my teachers. Sure enough I had the formula. The local company no longer makes it up. They were a much better company when they were small. The owner is now deceased. So for those who want this basic tincture it’s yours for the making. How ever this is under a copyright and cannot be published. Thank you for not stealing. I enjoy helping others but not at my expense. Tincture of Garlic or Onion Syrup of; Garlic or Onion 1 lb. of minced or chopped garlic cloves Equal parts apple cider vinegar and distilled water sufficient to cover the garlic (*Or/and Onion which is weaker but great for children) Get a garlic press they are great. 1 pt. of Glycerin, if stored longer. Added this at the very end. You may stick a cinnamon (cloves) stick in at this time and then store it. (Also, you can use grain alcohol and/or vinegar is used in making of tinctures) I don't store mine a long time so I just use Bragg's Apple cider Vinegar. (You can add lemon juice, ginger, cinnamon, clove and parsley to help with the odor if too offensive.) Add the parsley before adding the honey etc., then, throw it away or chop some of it in the concoction after straining in Tupperware plastic strainer. Their holes are smaller. Strain again through good quality paper towels. This is very slow, but effective. 3 lbs pure honey Place the garlic into a wide mouth jar, cover with the vinegar and water; close, shake well together; allow to stand in a cool place for 4 days, macerating (shaking thoroughly) 1-2 times daily; add the glycerin, shake and allow to stand another day; strain with pressure and filter through muslin or thin linen cloth; add the honey and stir until thoroughly mixed; Seal the jar tightly and keep in a cool place. Dosage: 1 tsp. – 1 Tbs. 3-4 times daily between meals (minced garlic or pressed get out the properties best.
Uses: Asthma, bronchitis, catarrhal conditions, phthisis, tuberculosis, coughs, dyspnea, heart weakness, internal ulceration and so much more but this gives you the idea. Look up properties of Garlic. (Their are ways to take the garlic pungent odor out. Work with the vinegar first with caraway, cloves, fennel seeds, cinnamon stick is storage container, macerate, strain, then add the glycerin.) I do not mind the taste with out all the extra herbs. My style is to add a carrier herb (catalyst), like lobelia tincture, a very intelligent herb, which knows what to do and assist other herbs where to go. The lobelia tincture or use strained ginger root (also a catalyst), too, (and so is cayenne). These are all optional. Catalyst herbs move herbs quickly through the body and good carriers of other herbs. A good herbal formula has a catalyst in its composition. Memorize these three and use one in formulas. *You can do this with stronger onion (especially for the children) as well as garlic. It's doesn’t seem as strong but don't under estimate it, I’ve used this myself a lot. I only like fresh garlic in season or onion and sometimes-fresh garlic isn’t available. *An onion cut in half left in a sick room will absorb the germs of the illness. I learned this from a real old timer who had lots of experience. Open a window let fresh air in and some sunshine. *Remember in during the flue or illnesses to use the fast, semi-fast or use mild foods. Colon: Keep bowels running fenugreek and others will work, watch the liver marsh- mellow herb and other herbs will work and don't clog up the pipes such as the stomach, assisting the body in its elimination process. Don’t forget the “holiest” approach drink lots of liquids, lemon aid etc. for the Kidney treating the whole body and every major organ that keep your car running.
*Dr. John R. Christopher School of Natural Healing use to make up a formula similar to the one above. His son owns the company now and may have discontinued the product. Check it out they has a web site I've referred to on the side. He still has his book on the market and its basic to have in any good library. I have my old lessons that I purchased from him before his son got into copyrighting his materials.
Enema or Laxative Approx. 1000 mg vitamin C each hour always with a full glass of pure water. Tonic teas: such as, Comfrey, Red Clover Blossom, Alfalfa Mint, and Horse Tail, etc. Chest Cold, use lung herbs such as mullein, Lobelia etc. Also Vapor and Mustard Plaster
Semi Fast ~ Reverses Chronic Diseases Semi Fast Will Reverse all Chronic Disease This is the one of the basic assumption toward restoring health and the second lesson. The first is the “Mild Food Diet”, then the second, “Semi~Fast” and then third is “Fasting.”
These three lessons are basic's of Millennium health instructions before doing any home remedies. If you can't fast, Natures Surgeon, then the weakest may semi fast. How often or long depends on results of health desired, but should be done at least monthly to maintain. A Semi-Fast (or, called mucus less diet) will reverse chronic diseases. The following diet is all mild foods that help nature naturally clear the body of toxic wastes. All disease is toxins starting from the colon. It's a great weight lose tool too clearing out fat. Nature has her rules which our carnal bodies are subject and predicated from? Obedient to her learned laws, only then, will health make an appearance.A semi Fast is also a mild food fast, but more toward "fasting" because concentrated food are cut out while on the fast. Let me give you an example of a semi-fast more familiar to some that you may have already done and not know this is form of semi fasting.
Arthritis Cleanse (see the "arthritis page for the juicing style) Stiff joins are relieve with this program. (Two weeks) Broth water 2 lbs diced potatoes (not peeled) about 3 clove of diced garlic 3 stalks diced celery 1/4 cup of fresh parsley In 2-3 quarts in boiling then reduced to a simmer slowly for 1 1/2 hours. Cool, separate liquid from the pulp and throw away. Drink the broth though out the day and for the next two weeks. Or, make this up on a fast day and drink the whole 24 hours.
The only way the body will heal itself is through the following: 1. Fasting, 2. Semi-fasting, 3. Forced elimination. There is no other ways. Our bodies will begin to eliminate waste matter and clear itself using a fast, semi-fast or using "mild foods" in the diet. Mild foods is a slower pace for and the easiest for most of us. This diet is especially good when sick and you can't fast. When was the last time you read upon any of these three subjects? …”And whosoever among you are sick and have not faith to be healed, but believe, shall be nourished with all tenderness, with herbs and “mild food,”…” The semi-fast foods are in the category of mild because it's not hindering the natural eliminating process of the disease. Semi-fast: In the beginning eat more vegetables than fruits. As you feel better, you can begin to eat more fruit, as fruit draws and loosens the waste more rapidly. Semi-Fasting (For Chronic Sickness): A semi-fast are mild foods to the system which allow the body to clean house of toxins and yet, sustain they body health and energy at the same time.
1. *All Fruits and Vegetables (raw whenever possible, fully ripen, ...live foods) The first in our food pyramid. Their the first part of our food chain.
*Fruit juice, (raw (or fresh), frozen or canned) Vegetable juice (raw-fresh when possible)
*Soft oils (cold first cold pressing, olive, grape, nut oils, safflower ... all organic mono's oils)
*All raw nuts, seeds * Raw Honey (Stevia, an herbal sweetener) The next is for longer period of time and for the very ill person to weak for the juices only.
*Sprouts (alfalfa, beans and all grains), sprouted breads are found in health food stores and some grocery stores in the frozen sections and can be used here. Ezekiel 4:9 (Food For Life) puts out a great sprouted grain bread. (Frozen sections of stores and Health Food Stores) *All starch vegetables baked (Potatoes, squash, parsnips and yams i.e.)
*Baking Potatoes baked at 500 turns to glucose. There is no hormonal changes to utilize this as glucose in the body and better for the sick.
* Grains and Legumes when sprouted * (are converted to a glucose sugar) * Legume's are considered vegetable-fruit see dictionary. They also may, at times, be a seed. Foods to Avoid concentrated food when chronically (acute) sick; Organic grains, sugar, includes artificial sweeteners, dairy products, butter, eggs, dried legumes, meats, peanuts, chips, junk foods, etc. (while on the cleanse) First, Fruit is a builder, cleanser, healer and a perfect food for man. But it cleanses fast, or burns fast and "it speeds up the process of elimination, moving too much waste into the blood at one time. Some very ill persons can't endure this fast cleansing. Second, While vegetables "slows down that process, when eliminating toxins. Thirdly, concentrated foods (proteins) brings cleaning to a screeching halt. I am not advocating that you always live on this diet. I am suggestion this diet is an easier way for some to in cleansing out toxins than fasting alone. Some are so chronically sick and weak they cannot fast. They are so filled with filth that their body began to choke on the poisons dumping into the blood stream. That's why I added this "semi-fasting'' to my book. Fourth, Combining fruits with vegetables will slow down elimination's too. as This blog was developed for more ideas on “Mild Foods” *Fasting or as in This diet... "semi-fasting" ... is the only way of keeping our bodies clear of diseases, damaging chemicals, and toxic poisons that are continually coming in with pollutants in our environment, especially when chronically sick. Herbs and vitamin's are not enough. The best they can do is to assist your diet. (Do this diet regularly or whenever needed.) Even, a meal or two and work up to more days, week, month ie. *Your foods should be your medicine, vegetables-herbs, fruit, seeds "and the leaf there of..." (herb teas are included) I have added recipes aided with suggestions of how to use healthy foods and add culinary herbs. Use the bitter herbs for medication such as for parasites. Eat fresh foods (NO GMO FOODS) from healthy plants will make the healing process better and faster. Herbal formulas here are not as important as this message. *Food has to be changed to glucose to be utilize in our bodies. The more the body has to work in changing foods to glucose the harder it is on the body healing. The harder conversion process the more require energy, more hormones and more work on all internal organ tiring the ill out taking away from the healing process when chronically sick.
+Watch your tongue, (that's natures healing gage) when your eliminating your tongue will be coated white. Then real health will be forth coming and so will a "healing crisis" in about every 3 months. (All your illnesses with rewind backwards with every healing crisis) The Healing Crisis As you begin to cleanse your body, you may after about 3 months experiences the "healing crisis." It is brought about by obedience to the rules of nature with cleansing the body. Remember a disease crisis comes with a build up of toxin as a result of disobedience to natures laws. This is important to pay attention to, and learn. The only way the body will heal itself is through the following: 1. Fasting 2. Semi-fasting (mild foods) 3. Forced elimination. A. This happens only as the body is naturally cleansed through fasting and/or semi-fasting and correct body building foods. B. This happens only when the body has enough vitality to stand the shock. C. This happens when a person feels the best. D. This usually happens about three months of correct eating to bring about a healing crisis. E. This only lasts two or three days at the most. No need to take an enema or helping any way, except to stop eating. F. Sometimes, by correct eating, semi-fasting, etc., the body picks off the waste a little at a time, and no crisis is necessary.
1. Happens when the body is too full of mucus and clogged to its limit.
2. Happens when enough germs, parasites, funguses i.e. have multiplied.
3. Happens when body strength and vitality are lowest.
4. Happens to save the life. If clogging continues at the rate it is going, the person would die because of injury to body organs. Poisons in the blood and pumping through the heart, crowding vital organs as in cancer, etc.
5. Lasts several weeks or more 6. Happens, sometimes when the body becomes extremely cold, causing the body to squeeze like a sponge thus starting an elimination. *Fruit, Loosens, sustains the body and cleanses. Vegetables, Slow down process of elimination somewhat. They sustain the body and cleanses. Protein, on mild food diet, stops the process of elimination. (Meat) Even a little protein with live foods may not be enough herbs (vegetables) to move out toxic wastes which causes obstructions and chronic disease. It the biggest reason people can't loose weight and keep it of. I will add a page on other mild foods by adding grains, beans, milks, etc., later for teaching purposes, keeping them separate for now. Another Popular “Semi Fast” (Make up your own style once you get the idea down) I did this in the 70's and wow did I get energy.
It was called the
2 tbs. lemon juice 1 tbs. organic raw maple syrup 1/10 teaspoon cayenne pepper Pure water 6-12 large glasses daily This eliminates toxins and revitalizes the body. Don't take food supplements during these cleanses or semi fasts. It seemed for me to take 24 hours to really kick in. A Days Supply: 2 cups lemon juice, 1 cup maple syrup and 1 or more teaspoons cayenne (or capsule) mix 3 tbs. in each large glass of water. Make up you own food combinations such as sipping on your favorite tea, etc all day or juice, make up different broths for your ailments and balance them out, but at this time no concentrated foods like grains, protein, dairy or any other mucus forming food.
*No Vitamin therapy here because there's is no such thing as a vitamin within the body's compositions chemistry. It's a blind study at the most. To understand this statement further study is needed. Do a mineral study test done at your doctors office to find out what minerals your body is lacking.
*Example: Go to the Internet and type in Keyword: "hair analysis." Their are many companies who do this work or go to your physician for blood work. The test will let you know where you are high in a mineral and your body needs when it comes to minerals. Then use plants source high in that mineral to balancing the rest out. This will aid you immensely toward getting well. If your anemic in iron or depleted in minerals you can't loose weight or get well. Your body is starving for basic nutrition. You need a good balance of minerals. Your body must not be in a starving condition by missing minerals to be healthy. This including with all weight problems. You will find the reward will be less hungry and your mind will be come sharp. Use nature's natural, mercury, lead, nickel, manganese, copper, cobalt, iron, zinc, chromium, potassium, sodium, lithium, calcium, phosphorus i.e. balanced to CHELATE minerals, (helping the body's natural vital chemical compositions), from plants, fruit and vegetables. (NATURAL; Cadmium All Corpses lack minerals.
**Food for thought
see: 1 Daniel, King Nebuchadnezzar musicians didn't pass the test Daniel and his family tested out 10 times more knowledge in learning and wisdom at the end three years. Remember the story he refused to eat the king’s meat and strong wines etc. Daniel diet interesting because we tend to believe all Jews were meat eaters…this story proves they were not necessary. Neither were the Essenses who John the Babtist and Jesus was associated with at times. Paul talked about the change of diets after Christ because of the Christian movement who did not have to eat the Jewish diet, join the Jewish tribe to become a Jew, or be circumcised to be a part of Christ church. It was too confusing for many at that time and Paul wrote about the subject trying to clarify it all. Many today misunderstand what Paul was trying to say about Meat.
Cane too like vegetables more than meat and was purposefullydemeaning "the lamb" to come and be sacraficed for sins, and so they’re were others at this time. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Next go on toward the “Mild Food Diet” and stay on this diet. Adding more Mild Foods as you get better. Go back and forth, to the other diet, but know the difference between the diets and why ... for herein lies wisdom to cleanse and reverse chronic diseases. *Energy Fast by Pamela Serure is a good book to get ideas from in this direction.
*The reason the "The Jerusalem Diet" works for dieters is because people eat just fruits and vegetables on the days you gain weight. This is a semi fast and the body has a chance to clean! Susan Summers diet worked for some for the same reason meats and carbs were eaten at least meals apart. But the mild food diet is a diet that you are in charge of not a book. Come off cleansing fast very slowly then ease back into solid foods, especially true for red meats. During the first day or for some second, diarrhea may occur as toxins leave the body, so try the cleansing diets when your going to be home. On my fast day I will eat a watermellon, water and herb tea all day on fast day. My good neighbor just came over and shared her mellon with me.
Inspiration does come in with the fasting toward all and blessings. Remember to eat in season when foods are at their peak of creation to aid and bless mankind. (no gm foods, you'll need all the nutrition available in good foods for your strength).
Bisquick Mixes I’m a nut about making my own mixes and collected many good basic lost recipes. Most of the mixes in the health food store have added pesticides, additives, and other ingredient in the mixes I don't care to eat. Note, if you freeze your mix first, for 24 hours, in a tight container, then store in the refridgerator if your not going to use it within six month. It will have as long shelf life as the store boughten ones. Plus, I like the freedom of taking out and adding other type of flours I get in sometimes. This is nice to have on my “survival recipe” list too, and keep for those emergency times we all seem to have these days. In your kitchen you’re in control of it. I like to add my milk, eggs in last minute, but you could add the powdered milk and powdered eggs in any of the mixes using your kind of favorite seasonings (sea salt i.e,. The health food store brands use a lot of cornmeal in everything, and heavier combinations of grains that I may not care for. However this recipe is a substitute for any “bisquick” recipe.
8 Cups sifted organic whole wheat flour (soft spring WW) (can take a half cup out and add or mix in other flours like Quinoa, soy, barley, buckwheat, etc.)Or only add 7 cups WW rather than the 8 cups of unbleached white flour. (At least it still has its gluten. Try as is at first is always a good rule of thumb.
Then by 1/8 or ¼ cup etc. Bisquick Homemade
Mix 8 cups of sifted whole wheat flour, (soft spring wheat, sometimes called baker’s whole wheat flour)
1/4 cup and 2 tsp. Rumford baking powders (aluminum free)
4 tsp. sea salt 1/4 cup sugar (add your health needs here) but adjust the recipe.
1 cups shortening (more or less) Sift dry ingredients together twice. Cut in shortening and place in a covered container. Store in refrigerator. This will keep up to two months. Use a food chopper to make this up if you have one on “pulse”.
The original recipe called for two cups of shortning. I thought it was too much and adjusted it to one, but feel free to add it in. Bisquick has a lot of shortening.
*Note: when working with WW you have to add more water or less flour because WW is more concentrated and condensed than white flour because of the fiber. I stop adding flour when it first begins to medium soft ball in bread making machine. When you add other flours to this recipe the same may occur depends on the type of flour and its concentration of fiber and gluten. To roll this into biscuits add more oil or water to your hands instead of adding WW flour or use white flour.
This next mix is
9 cup of flour rather than 8 and has cream of tartar in the mixture. Try this one the next time you make the mix and see which one you like best.
II Basic Bisquick Mix
9 cup four,
1/3 cup baking powder,
1 Tbs salt,
1 tsp cream of tartar,
1/4 cup sugar 2 cups of shortening.
Combine dry ingredients and cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sore in airtight containers. This can be substituted for any of your favorite bisquick recipes.
Shake and Bake Mix 4 cups flour, 1 cup cornmeal, 2 Tbs. paprika, 1 Tbs. pepper, 5 Tbs. salt and 2 Tbs. parsley flakes. You can add any of your favorite herbs or seasoned salt like Lawry's for instance. Look on the one in the grocery that’s your favorite and add the ingredient missing that you like. (onion, garlic etc.)
Homemade Baking Powders This is a must to have one hand. Everyone should have some sort of basic food storage supplies that will keep indefinately as long as it’s dry. Such as cream of tartar I’ve had over 20 years and still good. Store cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. It will not cost very much to do so. See the page on “egg substitutes,” and store some of these very cost efficient supplies to have on hand at all times. Most of these for a family are only 2-3 boxes a year. Do be prepared for any disasters.
Sift together: 2 Tbs cream of tartar
1 Tbs cornstarch
1 Tbs of baking soda
Combine and store in an airtight container.
1 tsp of this baking powders is equal to 1 tsp of the store-bought kind with no aluminum of course.
Seasoned Flour This is one basic recipe you can make up that will last a long time and you will want to have on hand at all times.
2 cups w/w flour,
2 Tbs salt,
1 Tbs celery salt
1 Tbs freshly ground pepper,
2 Tbs paprika,
2 Tbs dry mustard,
3 tbs accent,
1/2 tsp ginger,
1/2 tsp, thyme,
1/2 tsp sweet basil.
Mix together. You can flour beef with this mixture. For chicken dip in egg and milk mixture then in the season salt.
Fish add 1 cup w/w flour 1/2 cup of the seasoned flour and coat the fish. (of course, take some out and/or add corn meal too.
III Quick-Mix This has no shortning and keeps for longer periods of time. Add oil or very little shortning is the advantage to this recipe last minute and of course egg. When I was home and we have very meger supplies. We didn’t add shortning at all to our southern bisquets. After the bisquet was formed then dipped the top and botton in leavenings before putting each onto the baking pan for the oven. With the butter inside was enough fat to satisify all six of us.
8 cups w/w flour,
1/3 cup baking powders,
4 tsp salt,
3 cups instant powdered milk, (or some of it can be powdered buttermilk,
1/4 cup brown or raw sugar (or, you can leave out and add honey the last minute. Mix together and store in refrigerator but of course freeze first then store.
* You don't have powdered milk add milk at the end instead of water. Use Yogurt instead of buttermilk. It keep the bread soft longer. (This is a very adaptable recipe) Adding milk make it more heavy because of the added protein. Water may be better for some in certain areas of the world. It’s a method, but it goes something like as follows;
For Biscuits, add in 1/3-1/2 water, 1 cup Quick-Mix mix and bake at 375 F. for 12-15 minutes. Pancakes, 1 egg, 1 cup water, 2 cup Quick-mix Beat liquids and add in the dry mix
Waffles, 1 Tbs oil, 1 egg, 1 cup water, 2 cups Quick-Mix Beat egg, water and oil and beat into the Quick-Mix
Millennium Survival pages are basically about health, temporal, spiritual, a "holistic approach." Can we have one without it affecting the other? It's millennium because it stretches to a new era reaching those who are seeking to venture ahead. The past is not working for anyone; claims for proving better health have failed. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed, (c) 2006 P.S Thompson. This is a "blog" and herein is my opinions! PEACE TODAY AND PASS or "PAY IT FORWARD."
CANCER (39) Diabetes Issues (21) PARASITES (21) Herbal Talk (16) Weight Issues (16) Food Politics (14) Vegetables (12) Iridology (11) Radiation (10) Alternatives. (9) WILD EDIBLE PLANTS (9) ADD_ADHD (8) ENERGY (8) Arthritis (7) Children (7) Flu: (7) LIVER (7) Liver (7) VACCINES (7) WILD PLANTS (7) WORD OF WISDOM (7) AIDS (6) Antibacterial (6) Remedys (6) pH (6) Asthma (5) Brain (5) Brain D (5) Depression (5) FEMALE (5) Lemon Uses (5) Lungs (5) Pain (5) VEGETARIAN (5) Women-Men Issues (5) ALZHEIMERS (4) CAFFEINE (4) CANNABIS (4) CLEANING (4) COUGHS (4) ENVIRONMENT (4) FOOD STORAGE (4) Formulas (4) GARLIC (4) Gout (4) HIV virus (4) Hydrogen Peroxide (4) Meat (4) PLAGUE. (4) Parkinson's (4) Stones (4) Xylitol-sugar (4) chemical war (4) APPETITES (3) AUTISM (3) Antibiotics (3) BI POLAR (3) Balms (3) Breads-Grains-Legumes (3) COFFEE (3) CORN (3) Cholesterol (3) Colon (3) Dementia (3) Diet Pages (3) E COLI (3) EYES (3) FAT BURNERS (3) FLU//COLDS FORMULA (3) FRUITS (3) Faith (3) Formula (3) Green Tea (3) HEALING CRISIS (3) HEAVY METALS (3) Home Remedy's (3) Leg Cramps (3) MILD FOODS (3) MUSHROOMS (3) NERVINE'S (3) Recipes Recipes (3) SENIORS (3) STOMACH (3) Smokers (3) Snacks (3) Sore Throat (3) WATER (3) WHOOPING COUGH (3) BAKING SODA (2) BUTTER:FATS (2) Blood Pressure (2) Burns (2) CARROTS (2) CLOVES (2) CURE ALL (2) Calming (2) Dandelion (2) Diuretic (2) Drugs (2) EBOLA (2) EMYZMES (2) FASTING (2) HEALINGS (2) HOME CANNING (2) Heart (2) Hemp (2) Herpes (2) JOINT PAIN (2) LOBELIA (2) MIXES (2) Men Issues (2) NO MEAT (2) Nuclear Power (2) OIL PULLING (2) PESTILENCE (2) PROTEIN (2) Prepper's (2) Reverse my disease (2) SEMI FASTING (2) SWEETNERS (2) SYPHILIS (2) Salmonella (2) Sciatic Nerve (2) Shingles (2) Steroids_Cortisones (2) TESTOSTERONE (2) TURMERIC (2) VODOO MEDICINES (2) YEAST (2) low blood pressure (2) lymphatic (2) pets (2) warts (2) ACID. FEVERS (1) AUTOIMMUNE (1) Allergies (1) Aloholic (1) Angels (1) Animal (1) Anxiety (1) B-SODA (1) BLADDER (1) BLOOD (1) BORAX (1) Beverages (1) Bronchial (1) CANNING (1) CELIAC DISEASE (1) COCONUT (1) CONDIMENTS (1) Cayce (1) Charities (1) Chicken pox (1) Conference (1) DCA (1) DESERTS (1) DIARRHOEA (1) Daniel (1) EAR (1) EDIBLE PLANT (1) ESSIAC (1) EXERCISE (1) Ephedria (1) Epilepsy (1) Epstein Barr (1) FAMINE (1) FATIGUE (1) FLAXSEED OIL (1) GALLBLADDER (1) GINGER (1) GONORRHEA (1) GRAVIOLA (1) GREENS (1) Gallstones (1) Glenn Beck (1) H PYLORI (1) HEP-C (1) HODGKIN'S (1) HPV (1) Honey (1) Hot Dogs (1) John Wells (1) Kava Kava (1) Kidney (1) LEUKEMIA (1) LICORICE (1) LICORICE ROOT (1) Lupus (1) MAIN DISHES (1) Malaria (1) OILS (1) POISONS (1) Pancreatic (1) Papaya seeds (1) Popcorn (1) REVOLUTIONS (1) ROOT (1) SAFTY (1) SANDWICHES (1) SEEDS (1) SPICES (1) STROKEs (1) Salads (1) Sleep (1) Spiritual Foods (1) Stevia (Asteraceae) Calcium (1) Stress (1) Sulphur Heterosides (1) TEAS (1) TETANUS (1) THROAT AREA (1) TINNITUS (1) Thomsonian Therory's (1) Thyroid (1) URIC (1) URIC ACID. FEVERS (1) VEGAN (1) clots (1) dentures (1) feet (1) laetrile/APRICOT SEED B17 (1) pneumonia (1) renal system (1) shampoos (1)