Search This Blog

Friday, January 9, 2009

Balms or Salves

Making simple economical Balms or Salves
I will give you a link for salve making and I do business with but am not associated with them. I went to school in Oregon and loved the state for their environmental issues. (Making Salves: http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/newsletter/08/September/salve.html )
However, I have developed my own balm making techniques after doing the other style for years. Sometime making recipes from herbs is much like in cooking in developing short cuts out of necessities. (Lotions, Coconut oils, oils i.e. also can make a quick Sauvé or balm. I use to do it by the book but now I only need a little and have to save time and money.)



http://whisperingearth.co.uk/2011/12/
 
Photo: An effective natural bee or wasp sting remedy:

1. Pick a few leaves of plantain (Plantago major or Plantago lanceolata) from a clean source. Try to gather it away from the side of the road and away from places where chemicals are sprayed. 

2. Chew the leaves up real good keeping the plant matter and saliva in the FRONT of your mouth.

3. Spit it out on to your sting site.

4. Hold it on the sting site for a few minutes until you feel relief. Repeat if necessary.
Plantain: chew it, spit it out and apply on bite as
the North American Indians did
Theirs many good oils out their Organic and pure made up from the organically grown plants (My representatives is Sarah, at gallie.sarah@gmail.com/ ) This product is very pricey but worth every penny because of the organic quality and results in quality to healing with the "whole" organic herbs. It's where I buy my oils. The best way to use the oils is in balms or salves because Young Living Oils are very strong medicines and can burn the skin, especially in babies. (Apply deluded on the soles of the feet of babies i.e.)


Their are a lot of wild herbs to use in neighborhoods to make good salves from, after all that's what our parents (pioneers did) (Plantain salve is essential and this plant grows on the side of sidewalks in the rocky areas. Look where you walk and never gather next to a road. Its best not to glean the field by taking all its roots. Save some for your family and others the next year..)
Use lip balms salves instead of beeswax that is already safely formulated and part is ingested because it for the lips. When finding a good product with already healthy ingredients buy a lot and save for your next (essential oil or vitamins A or E, Aloe Vera gel, etc.,) applications. You can use in Vaseline’s as a base too.
My favorites EO are Eucalyptus and Oregano oil. I use 10-20 drops depending on the strength needed. You can also start with even Vick Vapor Rub, but add some eucalyptus oil. Whenever I wake with a stuffy or runny nose I dab a bit inside the nose orifice and it soon disappears. All the orifices of the body OE herbal medicinal balms could be issued this way. (Ears, outer ears under the neck, arm pits, rectum, etc.)
I shop at the dollar store a lot because it’s about two block from one and I live off strictly social security and is under $700 a month. If you can afford health food store product go for it or ordering on line etc. and skip this post. I do get the best oils to put herbs into these salves; after all, I do want the best healing properties at my age and disabilities. It saves many doctor visits.
All rights all reserved thanks for understanding please (No reprinting pages in any media forms without specific permission.)

Site Meter