(Bed-Wetters, 0r, incontinence problems a natural diuretic, add Licorice Root too.) (KNOWN AS; FENUGREEK, GREEK HAYES, ALHOLVA, BIRD'S FOOT, BOYOTU, CHINAGREYE, FENEGRIEK, FOENUM GRAECUM. It’s Botanical name: TRIGONELLA FOENUM – GRACUM, and Family Name: FABACEAE.)
It is also on warning labels to most diabetic drugs, its side effect is known to lowering blood sugar. Which is rather funny if you think about it? Isn’t that why you’re taking the diabetic drugs or insulin in the first place? It makes me wonder why the drug co. know about this herb.
The part used is it's seeds. Indians liked the fresh leaves eaten as a vegetable. The plant has a taste similar to spinach. It is a member of the legume family and used in meats and vegetables.
· Some uses: diabetes, high soluble fiber content, which helps to control blood sugar levels and increase insulin production.
Because of the "oil" content slows down the absorption and digestion and of carbohydrates.
Fenugreek contains a substance that helps to control blood sugar levels and increased insulin production. To help your diabetes symptoms, try taking 2.5 g or more of Fenugreek with each of your meals, a couple of times a day. It will depend on where you at with your weight, age, pills, diet, or on insulin etc.
Caution would be at first, don’t take Fenugreek at night until you are familiar with how low with what your already taking is your blood sugar coming down.
· Its seeds and leaves are anticholesterolemic, anti-inflammatory, antitumor, carminative, demulcent, deobstruent, emollient, expectorant, febrifuge, galactogogue, hypoglycaemic, laxative, parasiticide, restorative and uterine tonic. If it kills parasites... it's why it helps diabetics. See my parasite page for more info.
· Constipation (mild but effective),
· Lactation stimulant,
· Inhibits bacterial and fungal growth,
· High cholesterol,
· Kidney stone issues,
· Stops the developing colon cancer
· Relieves gout pain.
· It's great as a natural laxative
· Helping the sinuses
· Relieving lung congestion
· Reduces inflammation
· Fights infection
· Lower cholesterol
· Take the Fenugreek Oil for some of your daily Omega's
Cautions are needed; not before surgeries, (thins blood), and not during pregnancy especially in higher amounts other than normal doses. It is not to be taken with anticoagulants (blood thinners), antipletalet drugs, with pain relievers, or with bitter melon, ginkgo biloba and garlic herbs.
Do not take Fenugreek on an empty stomach!
If this herb for diabetes has not worked for you in the past, you need to experiment and try to correct the dosages for you and maybe get it from a better more organic source. It may works with cinnamon but not Cassia Bark species for diabetes.
I had to increase my and double my dosage and my timing was off, now I have no problems with this herb as before.
http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/DVH/HerbsWho/0,3923,552024Fenugreek,00.html Goes further about fenugreek medically and uses.
Fenugreek is a culinary herb. Other informational sights dealing with a culinary herbs.
The next two sites are on the spice Curry; take spices seriously slowly add them bit-by-bit to your diet. It also a culinary herb that works to block growth of melanoma cancer done in lab tests.
http://www.dirtdoctor.com/ ---click here, Health benefits of herbs as teas. Type in the herb you want to try or research to see if in conflict with drug-herbal usage. http://www.drugdigest.org/ The example below is why this site is so important to have on hand… please keep and use if you use herbs.
From Drug company:** Quote: “ Major Side Effects’’ “Taking large amounts of Fenugreek for very long periods has a small risk of causing hypoglycemia (low-blood sugar that is too low). Signs that blood sugar may be too low include shakiness, sweating, confusion, distorted speech, and loss of muscle control. If not corrected, low blood sugar can lead to unconsciousness and even death.” End of this quote. It's the low b.s. that will cause a death, not the Fenugreek itself.
NOTE The herb itself cannot cause death…HOWEVER, DO NOT TAKE FOR THE FIRST TIME AT NIGHT UNTIL YOU’RE SURE THEIR’S NOT TOO DRASTIC BLOOD SUGAR DROPS. PERSONALLY THIS HAS NEVER EVEN BEEN CLOSE FOR ME.
But you may if your on insulin to lower units...This is what the drug companies don't want you to do. They want you to get rid of the food or herb so they can sell more drugs... (Adjust dosages, I do the extract from Swanson's and ordered just the capped Fenugreek, each is different.) Cheat Fenugreek cheap results...or any herb these day. It the seeds cannot reproduce itself its and the plants fruit is useless for MEDICINE.
- The Doctors Book of Herbal Home Remedies - Cure Yourself With Nature's Most Powerful Healing Agents, by the Editors of Prevention Health Books
- The Food Bible, by Judith Wills
- Breast Cancer, Breast Health! The Wise Woman Way, by Susun S. Weed
- The Complete Guide to Nutritional Supplements - Everything You Need To Make Informed Choices for Optimum Health, by Brenda D. Adderly, N.H.A.
- Healing With Whole Foods - Oriental Traditions and Modern Nutrition, by Paul Pitchford
- University of Maryland Medical Center, Center for Integrative Medicine, Alternative / Complementary Medicine Supplements database, http://www.umm.edu/altmed/ConsLookups/Supplements.html
- The Natural Pharmacy - Complete Home Reference to Natural Medicine, by Schuyler W. Lininger
- The Encyclopedia of Healing Foods, by Michael Murray, ND and Joseph Pizzorno, ND, with Lara Pizzorno, N.A., L.M.T.
- The New Whole Foods Encyclopedia - Comprehensive Resource for Healthy Eating, by Rebecca Wood
- Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, by Michael Murray, N.D., and Joseph Pizzorno, N.D.
- Food: Your Miracle Medicine, by Jean Carper
- The Complete Guide To Nutritional Health, by Pierre Jean Cousin and Kirsten Hartvig
- The Way of Herbs, by Michael Tierra L.Ac., O.M.D.
- Prescription for Nutritional Healing, by James F. Balch, M.D. and Phyllis A. Balch, C.N.C.
- The Way of Chinese Herbs, by Michael Tierra, L.Ac., O.M.D.
- Earl Mindell's Supplement Bible, by Earl Mindell All rights Reserved
- UPDATED MATERIAL
PYCNOGENOL FOR B.S