Search This Blog

Sunday, November 3, 2019

Easiest sweet potato /Yam pie (diabetic)


Sweet Potato Pie This Sweet Potato or Yam Pie is simple yet very delicious. It has more beta-carotene in it than broccoli or carrots! I actually prefer this recipe for the holidays because it more healthier, fresh, cheaper and easier. If you need two pie just pick a larger patato with a bit more cream and sugar to taste. I don’t like “canned” anything and this is fresher. Every one I serve this novelty to loved it.
By the way canned pumpkin I just covered on a documentary is actually squash that shit bust your bubble I don’t want squash pie.
You can use almond, coconut 🥛  or a combination of the two to keep it vegetarian if you would like. They have a cream that I bought I don’t one of those but I don’t know which one it was I think it was coconut.

 • 1 large Yam or Sweet Organic Potato
 • 1/2 cup Organic cream (about) Remember chemicals-hormones store in the fat...
 • 1/2 cup brown raw sugar (can be less) • 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spices or just cinnamon i.e. • 2 organic eggs
 • Pecans or a few walnuts for presentation but is just an optional topping (Use tin foil so the nuts don't get too brown.)
I don’t like this photograph I bought from in the Internet I don’t like the crust is too brown and my pie is a lot more firm than a sloppy mess if I make it for Christmas I’ll add a photo of mine in here this is disgusting
. I add a can called “real whip “for the topping on the cooled pie.

Mash yam (steamed , Baked or,boiled that’s been cooled down) with electric mixer or food chopper and add in the other ingredients. Then sprinkle and push down a bit at the top the pie before baking with some nutmeats. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes (Check-insert the knife in center of pie. and when it comes out clean it's done.) Cool and top with whipping cream. Crust 1 cube butter, margarine, or another fat to 1-cup flour. Blend in food chopper and add tablespoons cold water till it forms a ball that can be rolled out into a piecrust. Don't add more flour. Put the ball into a freezer bag and roll out flat to the size of you pie plate. Cut the sides of the bag, lay over your pie plate, and peel off the plastic. Then fill with potato mixture and cut edges off. Or just buy a crust from the grocery. It's what I do most of the time. *This is pie is very light, if yours is too heavy, or cracks just needed more cream or less yam. How much cream really depends on the size and texture of the sweet potato or yam. This mixture should be like a cake mixture. Happy Holidays to you and your family! I said this was diabetic friendly because it has less sugarin it then any other ones I viewed on YouTube. I did pick one for those who like to put a lot of sugar in it. But seems simple that’s the key to this pie you can’t believe how easy it is. Yes, buy your own pie shell or If you have a lot of time make it with just lard flour and salt. Maybe one or 2 tablespoons of water. That’s how mama made hers and I make mine the same but I don’t do it anymore. The other thing I didn’t like about the videos I viewed was I don’t like the spices I like to just buy pumpkin pie spice and bingo Bango there you are it taste very good just don’t overdo any spice. I don’t care for Calf and half cream but if you like it Sub but it’s not as good. And I like my baked potatoes just baked cooled and peeled I even do with them the night before I’m baking the pie. Life can get simple as you get older. I’ve always use brown sugar I don’t like white in this pie but if you like it half-and-half it or use Stevia I don’t care for Stevia but I do have some powdered Stevia that I could use but I’ve always made it this way with brown sugar and it taste wonderful I like the caramel flavor and I’ll keep it like it is. For the novice when you put it in the oven at 3:50 you can use a spaghetti stick in the middle stick it in the middle to see if it’s done for about an hour depending howyour hickness. Did you use one which I did one large one for one pie or did you use three and make it thicker than your timing will be different than mine. My gauge is a spaghetti strand stuck in the middle of the pie if I feel it’s done. Then after cool get a good whip cream. I like the can spray version that says “Real Whip” kept in the fridge raider till I’m ready to serve.
 Make a tinfoil tent for the top so you won’t bring your crest. Take it off the last half hour. My curser is frozen so I can’t go back over this. Happy holidays from my house to yours.
Another version of yam pie

No comments: